So, I've been tagged. And it's the 3rd time so I guess I better actually do it this time. Jenny tagged me from her blog. She wrote 6 things about herself and then chose a few people to blog 6 things about themselves. I have been chosen, so here goes!
I've been trying to come up with 6 things. While reading other people's answers I kept thinking "oh I am like that too!" but now I don't want to say them because I don't want to copy. I'll try to sound interesting even though I'm not.
1. There's nothing like a good book! I started reading at a pretty young age because I'm the youngest of 4 and wanted to do what my brothers and sister were doing. There was awhile in my life where I even wanted to become an author. I wrote several short stories when I was young. Since getting married and having kids, I haven't read as much as I've like. Lately I've made the time to read again. I found an old box of books and am rereading some of my favorites.
2. I am a Plain Jane when it comes to food. If we didn't have to eat to survive, I probably wouldn't do it. I'm not as picky as I was growing up ( I even eat Pot Stickers!), but I still do not like any kind of sauce on my sandwiches or hamburgers. One of the main reasons I hated going to restaraunts as a kid was I didn't like to bother them with my "special order"and felt embarrassed about being so picky. Now I don't care as much.
3. I believe I was born to scrapbook. I wish I made the time to do it more often. I started scrapbooking a bit in high school but didn't have the room for the supplies. After Logan was born, I got back into it again. It is a great outlet for me to combine my favorite hobbies- journaling, photography and art.
4. Those of you who have known me for a long time may laugh at this one. I love organization. Love it. It's the logic of having a place to put something that intrigues me. I believe this is one reason I am messy. Weird right? If I don't have specific place to put everything, it's going to end up in a pile because I don't have THE perfect place for it. I need a drawer for it that can be labled. I've never actually been inside The Container Store, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to get me out of it! If I had enough money to organize my house perfectly, you would think I had an OCD. Ok- stop laughing now.
5. I love collecting clothes and shoes. This is another hobby of mine that I haven't had time or money to catch up on since having kids :). My wardrobe is definitely not what it used to be. Before you think I'm totally vain and tell me that there are people that have to wear the same shirt everyday and that I should be happy to have more than 1 shirt in my closet, that's not what I mean. I don't think it's important to have a lot of clothes, it's just fun. It's another creative outlet for me. Finding the right outfit and feeling pretty in it is a great accomplishment. Or is that just an excuse to buy more clothes? :)
6. Today, I am feeling truly blessed. Lately the Lord has been refining me and my attitude towards the circumstances in my life has changed dramatically.
It seems as though many of you who read my blog have already been tagged. So, I'm tagging all of you that secretly read my blog.
3 comments:
Well, I don't think it's a secret that I read your blog since I've commented before but I wouldn't be able to sound as eloquent as the rest of you. So I'll stick to reading them. I love the insights.
Hey Suz, Just wanted to drop by and say Hi. I loved reading your six things. I miss you, friend!
I do have to admit that I did laugh a bit over the organizational comment, it brought back memories of your bedroom in jr. high and high school! Miss you!
Post a Comment