Monday, June 19, 2006

Cheeseburger for Father's Day

I hope you had a great Father's Day. Ours was pretty uneventful. We just hung out in the morning. Ronnie got up and took the boys out all day, so I had the day to myself. Happy Father's Day to me! I got some cleaning done, some work done, some tv time done- it was great! The boys had a blast and they love spending time with just Daddy because they're stuck all day with boring old mommy.

Then, we went to church. Our regular pastor is on sabbatical. He takes a few months off every summer to get ready for the fall. So, during the summer we are blessed to hear the many other pastors and great speakers from our church. The past couple of weeks, our Middle School youth pastor spoke on Purpose and Identity. It was really wonderful and I hope to hear more of him soon. He's so hilarious! Last night, before he got into his talk, he was talking about Father's Day and how he felt (even though he's not a father himself) that Father's kind of get the raw end of the deal. He said moms get too much credit (it was way more hilarious the way he put it) He talked about how moms get roses when they walk into the church on Mother's day and fathers don't usually get anything. He then had all the dads raise their hands and said - "I brought cheeseburgers!" A few guys stood up with McDonald's bags and passed out the cheeseburgers. It was so funny. Ronnie was so excited. We had a great day!

No comments: