Sunday, April 09, 2006

Spending time at Grandpa & Grandma's

Well, Friday the boys and I packed up and headed to Ellensburg. Rob & Robyn and their kiddos were there also. It was nice to have some time with them. I hadn't been to Deardorff's in years, so I was excited to be there. Even to see the familiar sites on the way to the east side of the mountains was neat. Weston was very excited to see snow. He even recognized Snoqualmie Pass from when Ronnie had taken him and Logan there a couple of weeks ago. The drive was very smooth- it was a nice sunny day! We had a great time at the Deardorff's. Leeann and the boys had a wonderful time playing together.

Saturday, we drove to Yakima to Beverly's (my cousin) for a surprise party for Granpa Buhl's 80th. Robyn came in my car and it was so great to have some time with her to chat. That day was very rainy but the kids did not seem to care, they enjoyed it. Seeing my dad and his side of the family was a real treat since we don't get to do it often.
Beverly rented a big canopy and that's where the adults spent the day chatting and reconnecting. The kids played in the nice big yard on the playground. Weston even took the liberty to go to the bathroom right in front of everyone- he just pulled down the front of his pants and let loose. Good thing it was raining! I was very mad that I didn't grab my camera in time! It was hilarious and totally out of character for Weston.

We left about 4:30 or so. I don't like driving by myself when it's so rainy but the ride was pretty smooth considering the conditions. Logan slept pretty much the whole way home and Weston enjoyed the scenery. I listened to my new Chris Tomlin CD.

I am ashamed to admit that I didn't take any pictures over the weekend! I bet Robyn will add some to her blog so you can see them over there!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I'll try to post some pictures soon, though we really didn't take many either. I had fun hanging out with you too, we should do more of that! How about a 'sister' cruise... that sounds like fun!

Grandma Barb said...

......by the way, don't you think that Shelly needs to start blogging as well?????? Aunt B again