I made the kids waffles this morning, complete with peanut butter on top and syrup on the side. Weston wanted another one and accidentally asked for more pancakes, which he thought was hysterical. So then Logan (whom Grandpa Rosenthal calls Repeat) had to do the same. He asked for more pancakes and then started cracking up. For the next five minutes while I got their waffle ready, they kept asking for more pancakes and then we'd all have a good laugh and start the routine over. I love that they think things are funny after saying them 20 times in a row!
They've also discovered knock, knock jokes thanks to the Disney morning show, Doodlebops that they get to watch at Auntie Amber's. Well, the joke they learned goes like this:
"Knock Knock"
"Who's There?"
"Hawaii."
"Hawaii Who?"
"I'm Fine, Hawaii You?" (how are you?)
So now EVERY joke they say goes like this, except they replace Hawaii with other words like sausage and well, sausage is the only one I can remember right now. But I've heard the same knock knock joke for days! Even as I began typing they were telling the sausage one and cracking up. But you have to hear them tell it because they yell the 'Hawaii you' part and it's hilarious.
This is how the sausage one goes:
"Knock Knock"
"Who's There?"
"Sausage"
"sausage Who?"
"I'm Fine, Sausage You." And then they laugh like it's the funniest thing they've ever heard.
I love it.
1 comment:
Don't you just wish we could push "pause" on days like that, cuz you know even if we remember them, it's not going to be the same as living it. Kids are such a blessing! Thank you God for days that make us laugh!
Post a Comment