Saturday, February 14, 2009

The last couple of weeks...

Most of you who read Robyn's blog have already heard of my mom's passing. It is still sinking in and well, it's just plain weird that she's gone. Most of the blankets in my house were made by her, the burp rags and receiving blankets for Landon were all made by her and when I look in the mirror, I see her. Going through old pictures made me realize once again how much I look like her. Even my handwriting is similar to hers. I miss her. I want to hug her and hear her voice just one last time. If I had known a month ago that it was the last time I would get to see her, I would have stayed longer or hugged her longer. I'm sad that Landon won't know her.

Logan asked if Jesus made her alive in heaven. Weston asked if Grandma remembered to put her phone in her pocket so we could still talk to her while she's in heaven. When they talk about her, they don't say she died, they say "When grandma went to heaven..."

Shelly and Chuck were gracious enough to let us stay at their house for the week. They had more than a full house and plus the boys and I were sick and we were nice enough to share it with everyone. Sorry everyone! It was so nice to be around them and the kids again. I used to spend a lot of time with them before I was married and I realized how much I miss that.

Carmin stopped by one day to bring me a camera that was mom's. I now am the proud owner of a Canon somethin or other. It's a nice camera and I just need to get a memory card and batteries for it and then I will take lots and lots of pictures!

There is a slide show on Robyn's blog that was made for the service. I have found some pictures here that I will put into a small slide show and post it sometime soon. We were in such a rush to drive up there, that I didn't have time to grab pictures and I found some really good ones.

On a different note.....

Landon is crawling and getting into everything. He started crawling the morning mom passed so he practiced at Aunt Shelly's and can go pretty fast.

I am still looking for a part time job. I applied to one today and so we'll see. If that doesn't work out, I may just apply to work at Target again just so I can have something.

Awhile back I posted about a product of mine being featured in a magazine. I finally found the magazin at Fred Meyer after looking for it at a couple of other stores! I'm not sure if it's still on the shelves, it's the Feb issue of Creating Keepsakes, page 49. Maybe I'll scan it in for those of you who'd like to see it without buying it.

Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Suzy, I was amazed at how much you look like your mom when I watched the slideshow on Robyn's page. Her legacy will live on!!! You all continue to be in my prayers. It was sure nice to run into you at Walmart. Wish I could have actually spent some time visiting with you!